The New WFAA?

Guest wfaa8fan

Guest wfaa8fan

Anyone else in the DFW area notice the "new" weather graphics...?

Usually these are one of the first on air changes, just as KXAS and KDFW did before their new on air look debut.

Seems like an unnecessary change, but it looks pretty good. I still don't like the new five-day forecast modified a couple of months ago.

Thank you, Pete Delkus. ::(

I do like the older graphics. Simpler, easier to understand.

The new ones: overkill, and just plain crappy.

Somebody lock Pete Delkus out of the graphics computer: he keeps screwing up! ::(

At 5:00, he redid the 5-day graphic: the words are so smushed together, they're almost unreadable. Please Pete, Troy did it best, and Troy did it right. Leave the graphics alone. Please.

I'm sure Pete had a say in the graphics change, but I really doubt he's actually changing the graphics himself. He doesn't get to make all the decisions.

From my understanding (and I could be wrong), most stations give the weather divsion control over graphic design and creation of the weather graphics. That's why some stations' weather gfx are cool, while others are just crappy.

Guest wfaa8fan

I'm sure Pete had a say in the graphics change, but I really doubt he's actually changing the graphics himself. He doesn't get to make all the decisions.

From my understanding (and I could be wrong), most stations give the weather divsion control over graphic design and creation of the weather graphics. That's why some stations' weather gfx are cool, while others are just crappy.

I think some of the changes we have seen lately are part of something else to come to the whole News 8...

I think some of the changes we have seen lately are part of something else to come to the whole News 8...

Elaborate...what are you speculating?

Guest wfaa8fan

Really! Inquiring minds want to know! ;D

OMG....he is thinking WFAA may be getting a new look because the weather graphics have changed. Process it in your brain!!!

Aren't you smart. And OMG if you haven't seen the new promos lately... what have you been watching?

Looks like WFAA has gone back to the stacked horizontal five-day outlook. It's still a new look, but back to the way they've always done it.

Probably from the viewer hatemail rumors say they've been getting. It's like when WPVI tried to change their music: When a station has a way of doing things, viewers get accustomed to that. When the station does try to change something they've done for literally decades (WFAA has used the horizontal format 5-day FOREVER, since the 1970s at least, if not further back than that), and when they try to change that, of course viewers are going to respond negatively. If the negative response is strong enough (which if my hypothesis is right about viewer responce being the cause, then clearly it has been), the station will find a way to change it back.

Archived