John Verrilli Heading to Boston

takingaction4you

From today's TVNewsDay...

John Verrilli has been named news director for Boston's WBZ-TV and WSBK. Verrilli will assume his new position on Monday, Feb. 2.

Verrilli joins WBZ and WSBK from KDKA and WPCW, the CBS-owned stations in Pittsburgh, where he has been news director for four-and-a-half years.

Verrilli brings more than 22 years of broadcast journalism experience to WBZ and WSBK. Prior to joining KDKA and WPCW in 2004, he spent nearly two decades with stations in the New York market. He joined CBS in 2002 as managing editor at WCBS. Before that, he was the weekend news manager at WNBC. And he began his career in broadcast journalism in 1986 at WNYW, where he rose through the ranks and become assistant news director.

An Emmy and Edward R. Murrow Award-winning journalist, Verrilli graduated cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Lafayette College in 1984.

(Source: http://www.tvnewsday.com/articles/2009/01/07/daily.6/)

I'm interested to see who KDKA replaces Verrilli with. Maybe we could start to see some changes take place after his departure in February?

From today's TVNewsDay...

(Source: http://www.tvnewsday.com/articles/2009/01/07/daily.6/)

I'm interested to see who KDKA replaces Verrilli with. Maybe we could start to see some changes take place after his departure in February?

There are already plans for some changes in place. I think KDKA's 8 year contract with Soundbyte is up this winter; Verrilli's also announced KDKA's plans to go digital sometime this spring.

I'll be sorry to see him go. He changed what didn't work and kinda made up for the Cozen/Blinke eras.

Archived