The CBS Evening News - In Primetime

NewsJunkie247

Tonight, CBS experimented with something new. Instead of airing a re-run of "The New Adventures of Old Christine" at 8PM EST, they aired a special version of The CBS Evening News. It was the first time that a network newscast aired in primetime. It featured some of the same stories from the regular version that aired earlier in the evening and new stories.

Here is an article from the Hartford Courant: http://www.courant.com/entertainment/tv/hc-couricexperiment.artjan28,0,809930.story

I thought that it was an interesting concept and I think that networks will start to do this in the future instead of airing re-runs of primetime shows.

More or less done to cut costs. Why put up an expensive sitcom or drama against a sure winner like American Idol?

Not a bad idea though, Katie needs some more exposure.

Not sure how expensive it is to air a rerun, though... I don't think it was a purely short-term financial thing.

Archived