Syndicated Programing

Bucc

I have been wondering this for a long time, I'm sure someone here knows the answer.

When a local station shows, for example Wheel of Fortune, do they have to like produce it? Meaning do they get all the parts and have to like put commercials etc in, or how does that work.

The reason I ask is because lately WTEN has been messing up WOF. It's 7:15 and the show really hasn't had a commercial, just a few minutes of black nothing. The other night, they tried to break in with weather, that failed miserably.

I do chalk some of this up to WTEN being young owned.

At: 7:24 Wheel ended on WTEN, and now jeporday started at 7:25

We air Wheel and Jeopardy, and they come with their own commercials, and black in between for the station commercials. Wheel has five segments. The first three breaks are 1:30, 2:00 and 1:30 each, the fourth break is 0:30, and then there is supposed to be a station terminal break. From the start of Wheel to their ending credits, I believe total run time is 28:30, I'll check tomorrow when I go in.

But to answer, the shows come with the show supplied ads, and breaks where the station is supposed to put their own ads, or promos if they didn't sell enough ads.

As for WTEN messing up WOF, something severely wrong is going there. I can think of two situations why they are messing up like that, though. And even then it's possible to work around it.

It also depends on what type of programing is running. Some shows such as House and Family Guy are barter shows, and will have there own commercials and with spots for local ads, however older shows such as The Simpson's and MASH are cash shows meaning the station it self owns it and and therefore all commercial breaks in it.

The reason I ask is because lately WTEN has been messing up WOF. It's 7:15 and the show really hasn't had a commercial, just a few minutes of black nothing. The other night, they tried to break in with weather, that failed miserably.

Think what a station does is get some local ads in alongside the national stuff that came with the show.

About your "Young owns the station having to do with the insanity going on there", I'm curious as to whether or not some of this is going on with other Young stations (i.e.: KRON).

About your "Young owns the station having to do with the insanity going on there", I'm curious as to whether or not some of this is going on with other Young stations (i.e.: KRON).

Thats a good point, I hope someone can answer that question

Archived