WIS-TV gets new music

sctvhound

WIS (10) in Columbia, SC has dropped the Tower, and changed, surprisingly, to B Package (their first change of news theme in six years).

They also have new music, and a new voiceover (Gregg O'Neill, replacing Chris Clausen).

I can't find any video on their website showing it, but it is a radical change for the station.

Surprisingly, it is not in HD, which is weird for a station like WIS, which could very easily add it, like it's sister station in Charleston, WCSC, and WMBF in Myrtle Beach.

Here is a video of their open:

WIS (10) in Columbia, SC has dropped the Tower, and changed, surprisingly, to B Package (their first change of news theme in six years).

They also have new graphics, and a new voiceover (Gregg O'Neill, replacing Chris Clausen).

I can't find any video on their website showing it, but it is a radical change for the station.

Surprisingly, it is not in HD, which is weird for a station like WIS, which could very easily add it, like it's sister station in Charleston, WCSC, and WMBF in Myrtle Beach.

Here is a video of their open:

You mentioned new graphics, but I don't see them in the open. What sort of new graphics? Maybe they're slowly moving to HD and the music was the first step? I've noticed that a good many Raycom stations use Gari, so maybe it's part of the evolution of WIS under Raycom.

Incidentally, I never liked the Liberty graphics on WIS. I would have preferred them to do their own thing... Oh, well!

Archived