ABC World News Tonight w/Charlie Gibson

JDNYC

Anybody notice this guy seems to take vacation or is otherwise away every other week? I've watched World News Tonight since I was a kid and grew-up watching he and Diane Sawyer on Good Morning America, so I like the guy, but he comes across as a bit pompous and aloof to the fact that HE is the chief anchor of the network's evening news. He's constantly gone, leaving either a correspondent in his place or, as was the case last week, Diane Sawyer. Sawyer seems a natural for the job and I wish ABC would reconsider their choice. Gibson just isn't up for the job and more and more comes across as a diva and a snob.

Anybody notice this guy seems to take vacation or is otherwise away every other week? I've watched World News Tonight since I was a kid and grew-up watching he and Diane Sawyer on Good Morning America, so I like the guy, but he comes across as a bit pompous and aloof to the fact that HE is the chief anchor of the network's evening news. He's constantly gone, leaving either a correspondent in his place or, as was the case last week, Diane Sawyer. Sawyer seems a natural for the job and I wish ABC would reconsider their choice. Gibson just isn't up for the job and more and more comes across as a diva and a snob.

Haven't watched it in a while, so I haven't seen that (and I was one of those that wanted Gibson to get it initially after Peter Jennings died). Almost makes you wonder if the guy's got a beef with the brass at ABC News...it's got to be something.

Haven't watched it in a while' date=' so I haven't seen that (and I was one of those that wanted Gibson to get it initially after Peter Jennings died). Almost makes you wonder if the guy's got a beef with the brass at ABC News...it's got to be something.[/quote']

One thing I certainly notice is a lot more George Stephanopoulous...they can't get enough of that guy.

Archived