WOW.... Here's one for ya

FirstNews8

Don't forget Sinclair Broadcasting Group, a pioneer of Local Marketing Agreements (LMA) since 1991.

Also, it could happen in Corpus Christi too if KZTV is sold to SagamoreHill Broadcasting. KRIS's owner, Evening Post Publishing Company, would then operate KZTV under an LMA.

Well the only reason i say it is a good thing is for a few reasons

1. Why shouldn't they share a building it makes sense.

2. I'm a firm believer in the idea that 1 camera man shoots pool video for all 3 newscasts.

3. If the 3 stations are all putting out bad product, but each of the 3 have their shinning moments why not join up as 1 news channel.

When you think about it many markets really only need 1 news channel.

Having said all that, I dont wish this http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2009/03/the_staff_of_wtvh_laid.html on anyone

Well the only reason i say it is a good thing is for a few reasons

1. Why shouldn't they share a building it makes sense.

2. I'm a firm believer in the idea that 1 camera man shoots pool video for all 3 newscasts.

3. If the 3 stations are all putting out bad product, but each of the 3 have their shinning moments why not join up as 1 news channel.

When you think about it many markets really only need 1 news channel.

Having said all that, I dont wish this http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2009/03/the_staff_of_wtvh_laid.html on anyone

Why they shouldn't:

1. It's a journalistic nightmare. (In detail as DMA's #3)

2. Jobs jobs jobs jobs.

3. So you're saying that some markets only need one voice for news? If there is only one voice for news, how is the viewer able to determine the accuaracy and bias of the news operation? The more options there are for news, the easier it is to reach your own educated conclusions about current events, which is an incredibly important aspect in a democratic society. Admittedly, Glendive doesn't need multiple outlets, but for places like Denver and St. Louis, it's very important.

Granite combined WPTA (ABC) and WISE (NBC) in Fort Wayne Indiana. WPTA was an even #1 with WANE (CBS) for awhile and for the most part of the 90s the clear #1. After they combined the operations and did all the news from the WPTA talent, etc the WISE audience disappeared (literally). Most of the NBC affiliate newscast offerings were nearly a scratch in the books and WANE became the clear #1 and dominated the market.

Since then, WPTA has got some viewers back but still is #2 in the market...sometimes tying up in certain shows. Putting the stations together allowed regular viewers to sample the other product and it worked for WANE.

This is a silly move trying to cut costs.

Well I'm sorry that you feel that way.

Well, That goes mainly for this market. In Albany, NY pretty much you can flip from 6 10 and 13 and hear the same exact stories, thats why I said that

Archived