Damon Andrews gone from KTLA Website

simrox9

Well it's no surprise Damon Andrews was leaving since the Daily News a couple months ago did a story on him in which he said he accepted a sports job for a cable company in the Bay area I believe. His contract was up in April but I see his bio is now off the website. Wonder who KTLA will hire next?

It will be interesting to see who they'll hire to replace Damon, although I'm a bit surprised to hear this because I thought he was really good.

Welp, I guess we'll be seeing more of Leila Feinstein doing the sports on weeknights, for the time being at least.

Damon is slated to join the new on-air staff at Comcast Sports Net Bay Area, anchoring one of their several sports news shows when they debut new and original in-studio programming on Monday, April 6.

Should be pretty interesting... CSN Bay Area has been one of the very few media organizations on a hiring spree as of late. They just hired around 100 people for the new Bay Area operation, and recently built a new high definition studio facility in San Francisco's South of Market area.

Guest Former Member 207
Damon is slated to join the new on-air staff at Comcast Sports Net Bay Area, anchoring one of their several sports news shows when they debut new and original in-studio programming on Monday, April 6.

Should be pretty interesting... CSN Bay Area has been one of the very few media organizations on a hiring spree as of late. They just hired around 100 people for the new Bay Area operation, and recently built a new high definition studio facility in San Francisco's South of Market area.

Although they're under different ownership structures, CSNs Bay Area and California (the Sacramento-based network) have pretty much merged a lot of operations, including recently merging their websites. CSN California will also be run out of San Francisco, while still maintaining a Sacramento presence. They scored a major coup shifting the broadcasts of the Oakland A's from Bay Area (where the Giants own 30% of CSN Bay Area) to California, and I think that the Sharks move to CSN California as well after this season.

Archived