ANOTHER new Logo for WGN AMERICA???

lugnuts6

I really think it will be the new general logo for WGN America as well. The logo doesn't really blend in with the rest of the wrestling ad, or evoke the idea of wrestling in any way. Say if it appeared in their "retro-night" promos, I could see it as simple faux-throwback variation. But with it sticking out so out of place on a wrestling promo leads me to think it was conceived independently of the wrestling ad.

Its now official..Just saw an ad for the Cubs and Houston Astros and the NEW WGN america logo made its debut!

I wonder just how long it will be before they dump WGN News from the lineup?

While watching Becker this evening, I noticed that the bug has been changed to this new logo.

I don't like it.

Personally, I feel no indifferent to the original WGN America logo. I mean it is trying to grab viewers out of TVLand.

And you know what's different, the so-called sonic logo. (Reminds me of the Close Encounters chimes!)

[yt]D0fkCbX3K6g[/yt]

And here's the close encounters scene:

[yt]tUcOaGawIW0[/yt]

I was hoping that WGN was going to use JonesTM's "Voice of Chicago" package.

• 1 month later...

I noticed WGN America decided to skip airing the WGN News at Nine this evening, but the news is still scheduled for every other night in the foreseeable future on their schedule. Is this some kind of test run to see if they do better without airing the news?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived