KPIX/KBCW graphics redone

JackBauer112

It looks like KPIX/KBCW in San Francisco's 168 design graphics are being modified. As I looked at the graphics last night, they made some modifications on the lower 3rds as well as the field reports. Personally, whoever did the remake of the graphics did a fantastic job.

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

They've gone to a blue/yellow look clearly inspired by WBZ - but not the WBZ look outright. There's still a few things that were on the previous package.

This makes me appreciate the WBZ look more, because there's such a fine line between simple and cheap. KPIX crosses that line into cheap.

They've gone to a blue/yellow look clearly inspired by WBZ - but not the WBZ look outright. There's still a few things that were on the previous package.

This makes me appreciate the WBZ look more, because there's such a fine line between simple and cheap. KPIX crosses that line into cheap.

I think that the good thing is that they kept their 2007 168 look although as you mentioned that the WBZ/WSBK concept graphics which were created by VDO, I'm kinda glad they didn't go to that route. They just kept their look to a great flow, although I think that they could've done a bit better, it still doesn't look too bad. KPIX/KBCW is always #2/3 although the 10 PM news on the CW faces against KTVU's longstanding 10 o'clock news, they make for some great competition.

Archived