NBC/FOX Sharing Helicopters

Que

So do the stations which are under this agreement, still refer to the "helicopter" as their own? For example, during a police chase this afternoon in Dallas, both KDFW and KXAS referred to the helicopter as "Sky 4" and "Chopper 5." I also find it a bit odd for two stations to be sharing the same feed during breaking news, because then you are no longer the "first station" to _________ (like all the promos tend to mention).

So do the stations which are under this agreement, still refer to the "helicopter" as their own? For example, during a police chase this afternoon in Dallas, both KDFW and KXAS referred to the helicopter as "Sky 4" and "Chopper 5." I also find it a bit odd for two stations to be sharing the same feed during breaking news, because then you are no longer the "first station" to _________ (like all the promos tend to mention).

I wouldn't be surprised if WCAU/WTXF followed suit.

I wouldn't be surprised if WCAU/WTXF followed suit.

Philly was the first market where this was done. WTXF eventually got rid of their helicopter and now shares WCAU. In NYC, WNBC got rid of theirs and now shares with WNYW, known as SkyFox, but WNBC does refer to it on air as Chopper 4.

Archived