After 21 years at WTVT, Frank Robertson retiring

Guest cfif

Guest cfif

http://blogs.tampabay.com/media/2009/05/twentyyear-veteran-frank-robertson-to-retire-from-wtvtch-13-.html#comments

Frank Robertson, who came to Tampa Fox station WTVT-Ch. 13 as a weekend anchor in 1988, eventually replacing local news legend Hugh Smith, will retire from the 5:30 p.m. broadcast on June 30, just shy of a 21-year tenure.Robertson, who is married to 5 p.m. anchor and midday talk show host Kathy Fountain, will set off a minor shuffling of anchors with his departure, as Fountain and her 5 p.m. co-anchor Denise White take over the 5:30 p.m. broadcast.

I have to say, it's kind of a sad announcement. I've always enjoyed Frank's anchoring and reporting, but I'm sure he enjoys some time off to enjoy life, too. This business is hard on anybody.

Good news lies in the fact that we'll get more Kathy Fountain, and Cynthia "TPI" Smoot will make a fresh, welcome addition on the 11PM desk with Mark Wilson.

Good luck in wherever your travels may take you, Frank!

Archived