KNBC, KTTV, and KTLA Enter News Video Sharing Agreement

fan of la tv

The agreement starts June 15. You can read the article here:

http://production.broadcastnewsroom.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=763968

The article also mentions about a possible helicopter sharing agreement between KNBC and KTTV which is separate from the news video sharing agreement.

KTTV and KNBC are already sharing aerial newsgathering, at least unofficially. There's a lot of coordination over who will fly what and when, especially on the weekends. Putting an agreement on paper will will just formalize and expand what happens now.

As for the "local news service:" As a professional news photographer in Los Angeles, this is pretty much the the first sounding of the death knell for my career, and the careers of my colleagues. The process may take a decade or more, as we're slowly squeezed from the market, but this will be the last generation of well-trained, career-professional, union-member photographers, photog/editors, and field engineers. Too bad, it's been a great gig and I've loved (almost) every minute of it. I'll likely be in my mid-to-late fifties when it finally goes away, hopefully my side business is moderately successful by then. If not, I'll be the guy with the sign at Nordhoff and the 405 (close to CSUN... better scenery :lol:)

Congratulations Harvey Levin, you and your TMZ stalkerazzi are now officially the future of TV.

"Have fun storming the castle..."

Oh, I should point out that at least one union (IBEW in Boston) is trying to do something about this:

Clicky....

NABET? IATSE? You guys listening? Or are your heads too deep in the sand (or somewhere more scatalogically appropriate) to hear anything?

Archived