WTKR debuts the Interactive Newsroom

tvpirate05

http://www.wtkr.com/Global/story.asp?S=5977559

Today, 'TKR introduced its new "Interactive Newsroom". Basically, it's the back corner of the newsroom, where they originally did military reports following 9/11. The wall is now lined with flatscreen monitors. It's actually a nice setup, and the flatscreens remind me a lot of CNN's "Situation Room". There's also a silver and black podium for Bianca Martinez to stand behind.

Again, a nice setup, but the camerawork looked very tacky. Instead of just a simple tripod and photog, it was someone with a camera on their shoulder, and they honestly looked like they were ready to fall over. Why they couldn't set up a tripod, I don't know. But other, than that, it looks nice.

I give it a B+. Get some steady camera shots and you're on to something.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some screencaps... I thought it looked pretty good... they should have Bianca do the whole newscast from the newsroom (like 13's 5:30) and cut some of the "interactive newsroom" cheese.

WTKRinteractivenewsroom1.jpgWTKRinteractivenewsroom2.jpg

WTKRinteractivenewsroom3.jpgWTKRinteractivenewsroom4.jpg

WTKRinteractivenewsroom5.jpgWTKRinteractivenewsroom6.jpg

WTKRinteractivenewsroom7.jpgWTKRinteractivenewsroom8.jpg

WTKRinteractivenewsroom9.jpgWTKRinteractivenewsroom10.jpg

You're right. That is a nice set.

Archived