Nydia Han now Sunday morning co-anchor

FJ2000

I never read any sort of announcement that she is the weekend morning co-anchor with Walter Perez. However, for the first time ever on a weekend morning, Action News used a new voice over from Jeff Kaye announcing the talent.

Interesting.

Funny this debuts on a newscast that Nydia Han is off for.

Also, Jeff Kaye's voice sounds different. It hasn't been that long since he did some updated VO's right? About 3 years ago for action news AM. I've heard he has throat cancer before, so that could explain it, but anyway it was odd hearing the new one at 6:00AM, then an old school in his prime "Action News Continues" at 7:00. I had the broadcast DVR'd so I was able to play them back to back.

Speaking of Jeff Kaye in his prime. The 6:00 pm news was also a vintage voice over (the oldest infact from the early 90's), but obviously that is gonna be nolonger used.

I'm betting pvi got some new vo's with a mix of Keith Russel/Jamie Apody Adam Joseph/Dave Roberts before Papa's death (Lets be honest here, they've been expecting it since April). Infact thats probably the only reason the Sunday newscast got a intro. I doubt pvi would've went to the trouble and cost of getting retired Jeff Kaye to cut some new voice overs just for the sunday newscast.

Archived