WOFL Adds Sonni Abatta as Co-Anchor

Guest cfif

Guest cfif

http://www.tvnewsday.com/articles/2009/07/08/daily.9/

Fox O&O WOFL Orlando, Fla. (DMA 19) has named Sonni Abatta co-anchor for its 5, 6 and 10 p.m. newscasts.

Beginning July 20, Abatta will join Cale Ramaker and Amy Kaufeldt on Fox 35 News at 5:00 p.m and Fox 35 News at 6:00 p.m. She and Ramaker will co-anchor Fox 35 News at 10:00 p.m.

Before joining WOFL, Abatta spent six years with KDKA Pittsburgh. She began her career there as a reporter trainee and for the last four-and-a-half years was an anchor on the station’s morning and noon newscasts.

Prior to this, Abatta spent four years as a freelance sports reporter for Fox Sports Net in Pittsburgh.

It's a very interesting move I think Amy Kaufeldt is better suited for weekends with Keith Landry and leave Sonni and Cale for the weekdays. Can anyone look into this rumor that WOFL is adding a 9am newscast soon?

must be nice to be able to afford that......

Yeah, I wonder what her hubby does for a living. I can't wait to see Sonni Abatta next week!! I think she'll be the new anchor hottie of Orlando.

Archived