My themes....

ctmajka

Here I'll post some themes & pieces of music that I have made. I'd like to compose for TV stations some day.

These 2 cuts are for a station WVII-TV in Bangor, Maine. The signature is based on the slogan "ABC7, your Bangor News":

http://www.imeem.com/people/vc7PBGT/music/dhFLnuVB/chris-majka-track-4mp3/

Here's the 30 sec. close:

http://www.imeem.com/people/vc7PBGT/music/TTII47eW/chris-majka-track-18wma/

This one is for WVII's sister station WFVX FOX22...it's a similar arrangement with a different sig. and different instrumentation to give it that FOX feel:

http://www.imeem.com/people/vc7PBGT/music/QGWFWW2n/wvfx-2009-testmp3/

So what do you think?

I think this theme is excellent. The signature is bold and memorable. It may be too synthetic, but you certainly don't have an orchestra at your disposal! I could see this being used on a station actually, arranged like AWYT or orchestrally.

...It may be too synthetic, but you certainly don't have an orchestra at your disposal!...

There isn't much I can do there until I order the London Philharmonic Orchestral Sampler CD which is $169. I don't quite have that sort of cash lying around right now. =^P.

So for now, please disregard the fact that everyone can plainly tell it was made with a synth program. Thanks! :awesome:

Why would that help?

They're HQ recordings of real instruments. Each track is of a different instrument or instruments holding a note or a couple of notes at various lengths and different levels of aggressiveness. In turn, I can use those recordings in the computer as a sample to make my music. These samples are done by a real orchestra, not made by a synthesizer. Therefore, the music will sound better.

They're HQ recordings of real instruments. Each track is of a different instrument or instruments holding a note or a couple of notes at various lengths and different levels of aggressiveness. In turn, I can use those recordings in the computer as a sample to make my music. These samples are done by a real orchestra, not made by a synthesizer. Therefore, the music will sound better.

Ok, I see that. I thought it was like a demo song or something. Now I understand. So that would be considered re-composing music, maybe?

I love your breaking news theme, awesome really ! It fact, it sounds similar to some Adrenaline cuts!

And for the rest of the package, ok, probably not enough orchestral, but I can see some talent. I do hear some WHDH similarities here and there, so you probably have some Chris Crane blood in your veins ;-)

That's what I've been told. I've been told my stuff sounds like a mixture between Gari & Crane. Which is a compliment. I'd really like to get in contact with Chris Crane, but I have NO idea where to find any of his contact info. I've tried talking to Gari already, but he seemed less than interested. Bleh.

The composition of the theme is very, very sound. Some nice cuts and pieces there - I approve.

The instrumentation is, I agree, rough - but given what you had to work with it's not something that really detracts from it. A good package of instruments will absolutely improve that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived