Another TV Spy Rumor: KTTV may cut weekend news.

mbhcity

Another TVSpy Rumor: In addition to cutting 117 staff, outsourcing its chyron team to Tampa, et al...there is now rumor that KTTV might cut its weekend newscasts to allow its weekend squad to do more on weekdays. frightening.

Another TVSpy Rumor: In addition to cutting 117 staff, outsourcing its chyron team to Tampa, et al...there is now rumor that KTTV might cut its weekend newscasts to allow its weekend squad to do more on weekdays. frightening.

That would be crazy. I'm assuming that KTTV is the #1 10PM news on weekends too. I could see if they were #3 in the time slot, but if they are #1, why cut it? I would also assume if KTTV cuts their weekend news, then the half-hour at 11PM would be axed at KCOP too.

Hope its just a rumor. If not, I do see the tides changing with KTLA gaining on KTTV.

Guest Former Member 207

KTTV's 10pm news has been #1 on weekends for the better part of this decade, and of course before that, the late great Larry McCormick and KTLA ruled the roost at 10 for many years.

I see Fox eliminating news at KCOP although before they ever get rid of the 10pm program on KTTV.

KTTV's 10pm news has been #1 on weekends for the better part of this decade, and of course before that, the late great Larry McCormick and KTLA ruled the roost at 10 for many years.

I see Fox eliminating news at KCOP although before they ever get rid of the 10pm program on KTTV.

Ideally Fox should dump the news on KCOP and leave it to 2-4-7, KTTV tried an 11pm news in 1985-86 and it failed, and we all now that the Lauren Sanchez show was a joke. WFLD already cut its 10pm news.

As far as Weekends go, I would probably keep KTTV's 10pm news, but the weekend market has been dwindling for some time. KNBC for example no longer has two anchors and moved its Today in LA weekend show to Digital 4.2.

Actually it doesn't cost Fox anything extra to keep the 11pm show on 13. Same staff (what's left of them, anyway), same anchors, same graphics, yada yada yada.

With the cuts they've made the weekend show is in real jeopardy IMHO. The staffing sked for the next two weekends is beyond skeletal, it's more like scattered bone fragments. Losing the weekends would free up staffing for weekdays...

Unless of course Fox management is clearing the decks for a merger with NBC.

Archived