Jason Martinez gone from KTLA.

fan of la tv

Read on another board that Jason Martinez is gone from KTLA. I know he was set to anchor the weekend editions of the news but never materialized. His bio is off KTLA's site as well. A poster on another board said he acted inappropriately to another coworker after work but dont know if that's true.

TVSpy, where broadcasters can get their "pre-school" on.

But you never know, things like this can happen. I've ran into the guy time and again and he seemed nice, like a pro, a good guy to have around, but you never know.

FWIW,

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-quick6-2009oct06,0,3706981.story

-- KTLA weekend anchor resigns

KTLA-TV Channel 5 weekend anchor Jason Martinez has resigned from the station, executives said Monday.

No official explanation was given for the departure of Martinez, who resigned "abruptly" last Tuesday, said News Director Jason Ball. Martinez was assigned to the weekend spot in August after anchoring the station's weekday 10 p.m. newscast. He had joined the station in January as a reporter.

A replacement for Martinez has not been named.

-- Greg Braxton

From the "Comments" section of SoCal Media Scoop:

"Right now... News Director Jason Ball is openly telling people to say Martinez resigned, when he was in fact, canned for sexually assaulting the 10 PM female producer."

Wow.

After reading that...I am really smh at KTLA and all the local stations. Hopefully Alycia Lane keeps doing her job and doesnt let her past get to her. For shame Jase, For Shame.

For the record, obviously Jason Ball said what he said just to save face and avoid any legal recourse.

Just underneath that post is more detailed information about the incident and it gives the producer's name. If the allegations are true, then he needs help and a lot of it. It's a shame because he had such a bright future with KTLA.

• 3 weeks later...
Where's this rumor...don't tell they're pulling another Alycia.

Nothing solid. Just some chatter I've heard in a couple different places. 2-9 has been mentioned too, but KNBC gets the nod more often. FWIW... it could just be random speculation on the grapevine.

Nothing solid. Just some chatter I've heard in a couple different places. 2-9 has been mentioned too, but KNBC gets the nod more often. FWIW... it could just be random speculation on the grapevine.

Watercoolers...what would be without them.

Archived