David Letterman has affair with staffers, blackmailed by 48 Hours producer.

SterlingNorth

That's some soap operatic happenings going on at CBS...

Robert "Joe" Halderman was charged with attempting to extort David Letterman for $2 Million over an affair Letterman had with staffers on his show -- one of whom lived with Halderman.

Robert Halderman was a producer for 48 Hours.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/10/exclusive-man-arrested-extortion-lived-woman-who-slept-letterman

It's funny because I was at a Letterman taping yesterday... but it was the second taping of the day and that episode airs tonight. None of us had any idea. I only found out about it while checking my phone on the train ride home.

The one day I go to a TV taping ever, it's the day big news is made... and I miss it anyway.

It's funny because I was at a Letterman taping yesterday... but it was the second taping of the day and that episode airs tonight. None of us had any idea. I only found out about it while checking my phone on the train ride home.

The one day I go to a TV taping ever, it's the day big news is made... and I miss it anyway.

He didn't mention anything on the show that is to air tonight? I would think he would tell the audience before the taping so he could mention something, making it as though he had taped it today.

As for this whole situation, I don't see it as a big deal. It seems like he had these affairs before he was married, even thought I believe he was dating his future wife at the time. It also seems this 48 Hours producer was out to get him and sounds like a real creep. Dave made a mistake, but I think the much bigger issue is this producer's extortion plot.

Letterman did state on the Thursday show that he didn't want to talk about it any more afterwards -- thus that's probably why he made no mention on Geoffrey's taping.

As NewsJunkie247 said, the thing that gets me was who was doing the blackmailing -- "Joe" Halderman. That, and how incredibly bizarre the plan was. He probably would have made more money than he was blackmailing Letterman for if he had "fictionalized" the story and wrote a screenplay on that!

Hell, the way this story is playing out, I'm tempted to write a fictional movie based on this. It'd be a hell of a comedy! I need to figure out a way to have the blackmailer be blackmailed in my treatment.

He didn't mention anything on the show that is to air tonight? I would think he would tell the audience before the taping so he could mention something, making it as though he had taped it today.

There was absolutely no mention of it in the taping for tonight. He sort of carried on in a strange way with Larry David about his love life and, thinking about it now, it might have been a reference to what he announced a few hours earlier. But no one in the audience got it.

While we're on the topic, I think I'll be on TV tonight! When they cut to an audience member sitting right in front of me during the monologue right after a random mention of Vancouver, I think my hands/arms were visible but I don't think my face was. Autograph requests can be made through my secretary.

There was absolutely no mention of it in the taping for tonight. He sort of carried on in a strange way with Larry David about his love life and, thinking about it now, it might have been a reference to what he announced a few hours earlier. But no one in the audience got it.

While we're on the topic, I think I'll be on TV tonight! When they cut to an audience member sitting right in front of me during the monologue right after a random mention of Vancouver, I think my hands/arms were visible but I don't think my face was. Autograph requests can be made through my secretary.

It is funny because I had seen a picture of you with Chris Wragge on your blog and then when I was watching last night's show, when Dave mentioned the guy from Vancouver, I saw you in the background. Your whole face was visible, and I was watching it in SD!

Archived