Bob Bruce leaving WPXI

Tyler

Interesting that he's leaving to work with Newlin. Great testament to their off-screen relationship.

I like both Bob and Newlin, but was never a fan of their anchoring styles. Maybe it's just 11's format; but they both came off as dry and sterile. Jennifer Abney is even worse. I wonder if she'll be able to carry the show, and along with whoever ends up being the new coanchor, their lead over KDKA.

I think that Danielle Nottingham would have been a better choice for 11's Morning News, by the way. Just sayin'!

Interesting that he's leaving to work with Newlin.

I think that Danielle Nottingham would have been a better choice for 11's Morning News, by the way. Just sayin'!

I completely agree! She's wonderful when she fills in during the morning.

• 3 weeks later...
I've seen some of his work at WCBS and WUSA and he is an impressive anchor.

Hell yes...he handled the non-stop post-9/11 coverage with aplomb, being on the air live for hours on end with no commercial breaks and no safety net.

(he also is incredibly well-dressed)

Archived