NBG is out!

mbhcity

Well folks, the SoCal Media Scoop blog and a tweet on Franklin Avenue are reporting that Nancy Bauer-Gonzales is on her way out as ND at the CBS Duopoly here in LA. They're celebrating the news on TVSpy's water cooler which has long been a bastion of hatred for what they call the notorious NBG.

Perhaps we are beginning to see at KTVT/TXA-ization of CBS as Steve Mauldin is bringing in his compatriot Scott Diener (in defense he is an Angeleno) to run the news operation in LA. Some are even suggesting changes to middle management in the woodwork.

Good news? One can only hope after the NewsCentral epic fail.

SCOTT DIENER NAMED VICE PRESIDENT AND NEWS DIRECTOR, KCBS-TV AND KCAL-TV

Los Angeles, January 14, 2010 a Southern California native Scott Diener has been named Vice President and News Director of KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV, the CBS-owned duopoly in Los Angeles. The announcement was made today by Steve Mauldin, President and General Manager, CBS 2 and KCAL 9.

Diener, who was born in Los Angeles and grew up in nearby Arcadia, California, joins the largest local television duopoly in the country after having served as News Director at KTVT-TV and KTXA-TV, the CBS-owned duopoly in Dallas-Fort Worth, since August 2007. Under the leadership of Mauldin (who joined CBS 2 and KCAL 9 last month following six years as President and General Manager of KTVT and KTXA) and Diener, KTVT moved into first place in late news for the first time ever during the November 2009 sweep.

��Scott Diener is veteran of more than 20 years in the local news industry and has an outstanding reputation as a great leader who does an outstanding job of inspiring his colleagues to produce quality newscasts,� said Mauldin. �I am very pleased to welcome him home to Southern California and confident that, as was the case in Dallas, he will do a terrific job of leading our news team to exciting new heights.

��I am honored to be given the opportunity to lead the largest and one of the most distinguished local television news teams in the country and look forward to coming home to the Los Angeles area with my family, Diener said. ��I have great respect for what CBS 2 and KCAL 9 has meant to the people of Southern California and look forward to helping to build on the stationsâ� success.

Diener joined the CBS family in June 2006 as Assistant News Director at KTVT and KTXA. Prior to that, he served as the News Director at KTVK-TV in Phoenix, WHAS-TV in Louisville, KNTV-TV in San Francisco and WCPO-TV in Cincinnati.

Over the course of his career, Diener has been honored with the Alfred I. duPont-Columbia University award as well as a George Foster Peabody award. While at KTVK in Phoenix, he served as the Arizona state coordinator for the Radio and Television News Directors Association and was a member of the First Amendment Coalition board of directors.

Diener, whose mother and siblings all live in California, graduated from the University of Missouri School of Journalism. He and his wife, Jean, have three sons.

Archived