New CNBC Europe graphics

cityprod

CNBC Europe is currently airing what looks like a whole new graphics package. Saw it earlier this morning on Squawk Box Europe, and is now on Worldwide Exchange so I am guessing US viewers are also seeing it now.

Looks a lot simpler, less extravagant than the old look. Looks like they've also had a custom font created for them. Italicised , the font closely resembles Crillee, but with minor differences.

Looks like it's not just for CNBC Europe... CNBC here in the U.S. is also using new graphics this morning.

I think I like it... My one complaint is that they have the Dow's number in a bug on the bottom right (even though it's also flipping along the top) but it's not identified as the Dow, just a bunch of numbers.

At the moment, Asia are still using the old style graphics. In general I prefer the new ones. Only thing I don't like it the CNBC.com graphic that appears during European programming, looks horrible, and the bug for the Dow 30 which is massively oversized and unlabelled.

Archived