WITI preparing for something

Weeters

Following the announcement of their new morning show, their GM has posted online that "We're working on a few things now that I think you guys might enjoy and one of them has a lot to do w/ lighting" in a message board thread that was discussing their not-so-great lighting in Studio A, and now today they randomly ripped out the lightbox that was behind the assignment desk in the newsroom.

Could they be remodeling the newsroom? What will happen to the ancient Breaking News card they can slide in front of the etched logo plexiglass? Could a new set be in the works to replace the ancient, overly lit Newscenter set in Studio A?

Find out next time on Tales from Milwaukee TV!

Could they have removed it because it was distracting? I'm not sure what it looked like before.

One was an older (fading) shot of downtown and the other was one of the old Richard Lund control room duratrans from the main set. Neither of which really needed to be replaced IMO.

They seem to be on a spree of removing old cityscape shots though, they recently did this on part of the main set. I just hope they plan on putting something back in that spot because it looks awful with nothing back there.

Well, based on the 11:00 a.m. news today, the FOX 6 NEWS etched glass is gone, and the whole blue area in the picture above is now a three-pane animated Milwaukee skyline. (The animation is a series of vertical light effects that randomly scan horizontally across the sky.) Hard to say if it's rear projection, front projection, or plasma displays.

Archived