Bitter tweets from NY (WCBS) personalities?

NYNews

Rob Morrison tweeted this comment:

"Rumor that Shahzad scrapped plans to target Rock Plaza after NBC blew itself up 2 yrs ago"

and Lou Young tweeted a while back saying something along the lines that his son saw a news promo on WNBC and he knew it was crap.

I don't think these comments are nice or necessary and reflects poorly upon the poster. Frankly, IMO it seems these two former WNBC employees may still be bitter about not getting promoted and being let go by WNBC.

Rob Morrison regularly takes shots at NBC/WNBC in his tweets. I've thought they were a bit much but the one about the Times Square car bomber (the story he covered last night) definitely went too far. I guess WCBS doesn't have someone checking tweets to make sure they're done tastefully.

I did see Morrison and maybe also Lou Young joke during the Olympics about the WNBC promo with Sue Simmons where she talks about how important it is to stop and listen as she walks past a musician at Grand Central... I thought those were fair criticisms as the promo's message was terribly contradicted by what was seen.

They probably still both know people at WNBC, and they probably follow them on Twitter. They could have been making jokes for their benefit. I've seen similar things happen between some of the local people I follow.

I have noticed a few tweets critical of WNBC from Lou Young and Rob Morrison before and I think it is maybe because when they were both at the station (for Lou Young in the early 90s and for Rob Morrison from around 99 to 08), WNBC was pretty much number 1 and now they are in the gutter.

Archived