PIX News at 6:30pm Cancelled

NYNews

I know a lot of Tribune stations added early evening newscasts in the fall of 2009. Wonder if other Tribune stations will follow.

KTLA actually expanded their early evening news for a full hour at 6pm. But I do know that KTLA is getting a number of syndicated sitcoms in the fall. Wonder if they'll cancel their early evening news.

I think it depends. People have said that airing news is a more affordable option than paying the rights to air sitcoms. Unfortunately, I think the ratings was the downfall at WPIX as the article suggests. How is KTLA faring in it's time slot against its competitors?

I think the newscast had potential, but it felt too much of a preview of the news at ten. Almost every report ends with: "We'll tell you more tonight at ten".

I only remember an article when the news first started that the KTLA newscast was only getting about half as many viewers as what Family Guy was previously airing in that time slot. I'm not sure if ratings have improved since then.

Archived