Minor FOX Chicago set change

lazynetjunkie

I don't know if anyone else here has noticed but it appears WFLD made a minor change to the anchor desk on the set the other day.. They removed the monitor in front of the desk and put back the old lightbox with the old "FOX News Chicago" logo on it from the old set.

I really wonder why they did that.. I liked the monitor there. I know the problem they had was that monitor wasn't controlled separate from a few other monitors on the set.. What ever were on the side monitors on the interview set was what would be on that monitor in front of the desk. They could have easily separated the monitor from the others it was connected to.

I think it would actually look better and be more fitting for them to put an actual regular full size plasma in front of the desk that is controlled separately so they can place the appropriate logo of the show that's actually on (Good Day Chicago, FOX Chicago News, Final Word, FOX Chicago Sunday, etc.)..

I don't have any photos; however, I found some YouTube videos showing what I mean:

The anchor desk on the old set:

(at :40)

The anchor desk on the current set with the monitor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRA-PZJhzLM (On Good Day Chicago with the yellow background),

(On the 9PM news with the blue background at :40)

The anchor desk on the current set with the newly reinstalled old lightbox with old logo:

(good shot at :28)

If the only thing that monitor was used for was to show the station logo, then they may have realized there was a better use for that TV (say, in a certain news director's living room...)

:)

Hahahaha.. I can most definitely picture that. As if all the stuff "collected" from WBBM just weren't enough.

Archived