KTVT anchor Tracy Rowlett to retire

DFW11anchorman

Dallas icon Tracy Rowlett plans to retire in July 2008. Beginning next month, he will anchor the 5 and 6pm newscasts only. Early morning anchor Doug Dunbar will take on the 4 and 10 o'clock news. It is sad to see him go. Filling his shoes will obviously be difficult, but Dunbar is a great choice.

Here's the entire story: http://frontburner.dmagazine.com/archives2/019944.html#more

First of all, I'm a close friend of Tracy Rowlett. I've known the great broadcaster for two or three years and grew up watching him for almost 20 years. I'm happy for Tracy for his retirement and Doug soon taking over the 4 & 10pm (Soon Anchor the 5, 6 & 10pm) but I'm sad to see him step down the 10pm newscast and to see him go when he retires. I wish hill all the best of his retirement next year in July of '08, but I'm telling you all of Tracy Rowlett's fans are really going to miss him.

Archived