WJBF facebook promo

MidnightJunkie

since the new trend is news stations on social networking sites, I thought I'd post this promo WJBF in Augusta recently produced.

http://www.facebook.com/WJBFNewsChannel6?v=app_2392950137&ref=ts#!/video/video.php?v=1605472860414

Now this is probably one of those "only funny if you live there" spots, But I thought it was amusing.

for reference, "Freddy" is from a segment "Freddy the forecaster" that's been aired since the telecine era on a channel 6's early kids' show. Airs during the "color the weather" segments of Good Morning Augusta. Basically just a roughly drawn cartoon character that walks out into the center of the screen and shows what the weather will be. Ie, raincloud looms overhead, sun is so hot it melts him, ETC. Has a cult following with loyal viewers and has been updated by the station recently using computer animation.

Archived