Monday Night Countdown has a new rundown graphic

WGN9fan

Caught a few minutes of ESPN's Monday Night Countdown tonight. They adopted a new rundown graphic that is similar to Sportscenter's rundown graphic. The SD feed of ESPN still has the graphic with borders while the HD feed (and I don't have HD service) probably still has the same graphic without borders. They are a red scheme.

I'm not a big fan of the SportsCenter rundown as it is, especially on the 11PM and 1AM editions. There's a reason those editions of the show never had the rundown graphic before. So much is changing during those hours that the story that's supposed to be up next might get bumped three or four stories back in the rundown before your very eyes. It doesn't make sense to have a rundown in dynamic shows like that.

On the other hand, I'm assuming Monday Night Countdown's content is largely static except for the rare breaking news that might occur during the show, so I suppose it makes sense to use the rundown for that show.

Archived