CBSPhilly.com Finally Up

Jess

And, 22 days after the station began to advertise it on the air, CBSPhilly.com is finally up as the official website. The new site incorporates CBS 3, KYW 1060, Sportsradio 610 WIP, and WPHT 1210 Big Talker. CW has been spun off into its own site incorporating the CBS Radio template.

I can see why there's been some grumbling by the station web staffs. This is essentially the website for KYW 1060, with video and weather from the TV station and sports news branded as "WIP". The news articles on the site are, by and large, 1060's. They reflect that station's news agenda and coverage, which is different than the TV station's. If you see it as largely a cost saving move, it makes sense.

I'm going to have to reserve judgment because it's a much different beast than the TV site it replaced. It's also been up for roughly a day. But I'm not sure what to think yet.

Archived