KOTV gets new logo and graphics

d247

KOTV, the CBS station here in Tulsa has introduced a new logo and new graphics tonight during its 9:00 CW newscast.

Sorry for the crappy camera pics. Did not get to catch the first so no open yet.

KOTV1.jpg.4633de89bdb4770cf30f0ada50fd3c58.jpg

KOTV2.jpg.be865a35e5ec271f508fb4aca7da5d04.jpg

KOTV3.jpg.98042ac088d0f54dab7f732bc00a3f56.jpg

KOTV4.jpg.986d02d25848e838aeaf1880d83978cd.jpg

KOTV5.jpg.8ca85c19f484c844231efba2585f4716.jpg

KOTV6.jpg.9f777cf05269c1e1cb08c513e6610b12.jpg

KOTV7.jpg.614d068d696167ffda9bb9df1b326e16.jpg

Wow. This is the biggest graphics change at KOTV in a while. Naturally, it happens the day I leave the Tulsa market. I’ll have to catch them on KWTV. For those of you that have seen them in action: What do you think?

Edit: I’m liking this “Oklahoma’s Own” thing. Not as well as I liked “The Spirit of Oklahoma” but, they are Oklahoma owned, so it fits.

KWTV is now using Enforcer. The graphics are 100x better than the previous crap, but it looks like they were done in-house again. Griffin Communications is a major media company in Oklahoma and both stations do really well, so I think they could have given them an out-of-house look. Also hate that ANOTHER station is now using Enforcer. Oh well, still an improvement...

KWTV is now using Enforcer. The graphics are 100x better than the previous crap, but it looks like they were done in-house again. Griffin Communications is a major media company in Oklahoma and both stations do really well, so I think they could have given them an out-of-house look. Also hate that ANOTHER station is now using Enforcer. Oh well, still an improvement...

Ummmmm, they were done out of house and ported to our Vizrt systems in OKC & Tulsa. :p

John R. Schilberg

VP Technology

Griffin Communications

After watching for a couple weeks here are some thoughts:

I like the transitions and use of Vizrt. The graphics are okay, but they really could be much better. It looks like KWTV replaced the skyline background on the set to take out the elements of the previous graphics and it looks nice--a big improvement there. Also, I'm fairly pleased with the logos. After KOTV added their website logo to the bottom left of their news logo (I think it was sometime following the Super Bowl this year), they were in dire need of a change.

All in all, it's all a nice and much needed improvement, but I'm still not sure the graphic look matches the quality of the product.

• 1 year later...

Archived