KYW changes open music

budtkaboy2000

As mentioned above' date=' the opens already have a new announcer. Who it is, I don't know.[/quote']

It is indeed Brian Lee.

However, why they have to mention the whole HD thing in the open, I don't know.. Many of the CBS O&O's do. Probably just copying what WCBS originally did with their open. The whole HD gimmick is meh now.. especially for a top market station. Makes me glad WBBM's open doesn't mention it.

If Peter Dunn wants it, Peter Dunn gets it... and Bruce Bauer makes it so.

I figured as much, given the number of tweaks made to KYW's look simply to get it in line with the other stations. That and the sweeps promos at least have taken on a decidedly more WCBS-esque look and feel.

I'll admit that I like the music changes - I was never a fan of the cuts being used before, and it fits the graphics better than the old set. I don't like how the evening opens sound so patchwork - open theme before an obviously tacked-on bumper.

not sure about Brian Lee taking over, as I'm a fan of Paul Turner. I'd like to see more of the male voice used on CW, who's been voicing the sponsor tags.

Archived