The new Nightly Business Report: One year later

gameshowguy2000

Today marks the 1-year anniversary of the new NBR, and by that--I mean a new host, new music, and new format. I'll comment on each one individually:

1. New host--Tom Hudson seems to be really comfortable in his role as the successor to Paul Kangas. However, he's been addressing all the stock increases and decreases in percentages rather than in decimals (much better than the fractions Paul had to read out from the show's beginning until the fall of 2000).

2. New music--A lot of the show's fans on the XChange blog have made this their #1 complaint, saying it sounds like elevator music. I say it sounds a little bit like elevator music, but not too much.

3. New format--They've set the Most Actives to music, and they go by too fast. In addition, for both indices, they only show 5 most active stocks instead of the 10 they used from day one up until Paul Kangas' final day. The Market Focus needs to focus more on stocks, since that's what makes up the bulk of the viewer base--stock investors or stock watchers. In addition, they need to focus on the EPS for those stocks, as well as the sale/revenue increase/decrease. I also remember when they covered the Big Movers as well as the AMEX in the Wall-Street Wrap-Up (the predecessor to Stocks In The News).

Other than that, I rest my case. Now you guys get to state yours.

Archived