Tim VanVooren has horrible grammar?

Weeters

But well if he's professional on TV, I suppose he should be professional on his blog.. Makes sense doesn't it?

You are a professional sports anchor and type like a hillbilly, there's something wrong there...

He loves trailing periods alot I see....

- Alain ]

But well if he's professional on TV, I suppose he should be professional on his blog.. Makes sense doesn't it?

You are a professional sports anchor and type like a hillbilly, there's something wrong there...

He loves trailing periods alot I see....

He's not the only one...

They're called ellipses, and in broadcast copy they are used to indicate a "purposeful pause" so the reader doesn't steamroll through the copy. That's Tim's regular writing style, conversational, so I suppose he's just carrying it over to the blog.

The blogs are just a promotional tool, written in spare moments during the on-air talent's workday. It's another marketing method used to help the viewer relate to the talent and their "inner thoughts." At the end of the day, it's just another way to get you to watch more.

Don't expect major literary works. If you do, you'll go away disappointed.

Looking over his most recent entries, it seems that it's not his grammar that's the issue, it's his formatting. No caps and little punctuation, the whole article seems to be one run-on sentence. While I am one who uses capitals, exclamation points, full words and proper spelling even in my instant messages, I can understand him not using them. It's his blog, it's informal, and by looking over a lot of the email and instant messages I get via TVNT, it's even the way a lot of you guys write.

"u got a minit?"

"can u upld sumthng? thx!"

"'m sry!"

Well, the last one is pushing it a little (Dylan will get that one :))). Despite that fact, that it's still a pet peeve of mine.

Looking over his most recent entries, it seems that it's not his grammar that's the issue, it's his formatting. No caps and little punctuation, the whole article seems to be one run-on sentence. While I am one who uses capitals, exclamation points, full words and proper spelling even in my instant messages, I can understand him not using them. It's his blog, it's informal, and by looking over a lot of the email and instant messages I get via TVNT, it's even the way a lot of you guys write.

"u got a minit?"

"can u upld sumthng? thx!"

"'m sry!"

Well, the last one is pushing it a little (Dylan will get that one :))). Despite that fact, that it's still a pet peeve of mine.

b'grl prty!!?

Archived