Keith Olbermann Quits MSNBC

Geoffrey

Kind of surprised to see Olbermann's exit, in that something (probably Comcast-related) must have happened that led to his ouster.

In a sense, considering his suspension back in November, it's kind of interesting how much this parallels his departure from ESPN (made snarky comments about TPTB, led to his being suspended from SportsCenter and ultimately led to him deciding to get out on his own terms).

This may end up with MSNBC dropping back behind CNN in the ratings. It's no secret that Olbermann brought viewers to MSNBC. Now that he's gone, those viewers might just decide to take their leave too. Countdown was the only MSNBC programme that I watched, and that was on podcast.

I thought he said in his goodbye Friday night that he was told it would be his last show. Doesn't sound like it was on his own terms then...

Maybe he will replace that awful Piers Morgan on CNN. I don't see that show lasting more than a few months.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

And he's supposed to be announcing something about his new show today on his site -- at the deliberately easy to confuse for another place http://www.foknewschannel.com

And the announcement is -- The show starts June 20th. It's called "Countdown with Keith Olbermann". 8pm ET (the time had been known previously).

Archived