Reporters that should be full-time anchors

LoadStar

Thinking about the bad anchors thread, I started thinking "With all these bad anchors out there... there's gotta be some reporters that really could or should be anchors in their place." So - can you think of any reporters in your market that make you think - why aren't these guys anchoring a newscast?

I'd start out the thread by nominating Peter Linton-Smith, WITI Milwaukee. This guy is probably one of the most professional people left at WITI, and would probably work well behind a desk.

(Yeah, I know, some people just choose to be an reporter instead of an anchor, so this is more whom you think would work well an anchor, not a statement that they've been deliberately passed up to be an anchor.)

Here in NY, i nominate my two favorite reporters (best in the city) both at WCBS. Hazel Sanchez and Breendan Keefe. They are both really well spoken, clear and just so dedicated to what they do. From the times i saw them anchor, they both can out perform the current 5pm team on WCBS easily. But on Keefe's bio he stated his dream job is to be "A street reporter for life".

KDFW, I'm gonna say this until someone over there actually listens:

Kick the talentless Baron James to the curb and replace him with the far better Shaun Rabb at 5 and 10pm.

WFAA: Gloria Campos & John McCaa = 2 longtimers (been in this market 10 years or more) = ratings

KTVT: Karen Borta & Tracy Rowlett (notwithstanding his stepping down from the late news) = 2 longtimers = ratings

KXAS: Jane McGarry & Mike Snyder = 2 longtimers = ratings (although I don't know how...their format is terrible)

Now KDFW: Clarice Tinsley (KDFW longtimer) with Baron James??? HUH? Who is he? People know Shaun Rabb, he's been with the station since the mid 90s. It's his time. It's his turn.

Archived