It's official-Brian Lee new VO @ CBS 2/KCAL!

rah6448

As of the 11pm open of CBS 2 News, Greater Los Angeles area residents are now hearing the voice of WCBS, KYW, and other television stations throught the nation, Brian Lee, do intros now at the CBS/KCAL duopoly as well. The decision is kinda neat in that it makes me feel closer to my old home metro area in the New York DMA, being that he's been the voice there since 2007, but yet again, IDK.

David Kaye, however, continues as the voice for sponsors and show previews (Tonight at 8, on CBS 2)

Intrigued? Indifferent? I'm interested in your thoughts!

I wish KCNC would pick him up. That and Enforcer.

I'm probably the only one on here campaigning for those two things on their station.

I agree with you, Brian and Enforcer do seem to compliment each other as far as the audio in an open is concerned.

WBBM just made the switch today.. the opens still have Bill Ratner's voice but the promos now have Brian's voice.

As for KYW and Turner, it may be that KYW has a contract deal with Turner. Some voiceovers prefer contract over per diem so KYW may just be "using him up" like WBBM did with Cipriano when they switched to Ratner in 2003. Cip is a contract deal only when it comes to local station work.

I have something to add to my initial post concerning the VO for KCAL. Apparently, I was watching the news at noon on there and discovered that the open contained not Brian Lee, but in fact a VO that sounds similar to the guy that does VO work for Inside Edition. Coincidentally, they're the ones in the DMA that broadcast the show. Interesting...

I have something to add to my initial post concerning the VO for KCAL. Apparently, I was watching the news at noon on there and discovered that the open contained not Brian Lee, but in fact a VO that sounds similar to the guy that does VO work for Inside Edition. Coincidentally, they're the ones in the DMA that broadcast the show. Interesting...

Inside Edition is produced and distributed by CBS Television Distribution so it makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Look at it this way. Its all about the dollar dollars. If its cheaper for them to hire one main guy and practically reduce each individual stations voice-overs to nonexistent or secondary they will do it. WPLG here has a female that sounds like Suzy Nelson and thats it for voiceover purposes. You also have Steve Stone, Paul Turner, and Charlie Van Dyke down here.

Archived