Fox29 has been doing all the right things to kee me glued to their news

TVNewsAnalyzer

I'm so addicted to Good Day in the morning and I like the background behind the anchors showing 4th and Market and everything going on in the street. I think they are he only station who does that. The anchors seem to be more relaxed and playful and make the news fun. I like Jim Garnder on channel 6 but he no longer has a good sidekick that brings out the best in him which has made lose interest. Keith Edwards is a DORK

• 3 weeks later...
Well, I guess Mike Missanelli won't be making any more appearances on Fox 29:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLxUcxmewC8

(To be fair, his reaction is frequently something I utter when I watch that newscast...)

EDIT: He's doing the sports at 10, and he opened the segment with an apology. So he'll be sticking around.

I guess the automation has trouble killing mics in time!

Sure that wasn't left on intentionally? haha..

One of the "experiments" WFLD did last year involved leaving mics on for 5-10 seconds (with bump music playing in the background) after the anchor(s) finished reading what's coming up but before going to the actual commercial break so you can hear some of their little "chit-chat". And from some of the things I heard, I don't think they told the on-air talent they were doing this..

Sure that wasn't left on intentionally? haha..

One of the "experiments" WFLD did last year involved leaving mics on for 5-10 seconds (with bump music playing in the background) after the anchor(s) finished reading what's coming up but before going to the actual commercial break so you can hear some of their little "chit-chat". And from some of the things I heard, I don't think they told the on-air talent they were doing this..

I'm pretty sure that Mike's little slipup was an automation issue. Even though 29's done a bunch of weird ass things, they haven't done that.

I've noticed some slight changes to the 10pm format in the last week. There's still frequent commentary/interview/analysis, but they're doing more news stories mixed in with that.

Archived