Brian Lee has taken over WBBM for good

lazynetjunkie

Bill Ratner is no more. All the newscast opens and closes have been changed to Brian's voice. Over the past couple weeks, the voice on promos, ID's, etc. have been slowly changed over. It is a refreshing change but I prefer Ratner's voice on the radio promos. Ratner read the radio promos so well and the deepness/sharpness of his voice really got your attention on stereo speakers.

However, adjustments to the newscast opens have to be made either to the voiceover or the open itself. WBBM's opens are much shorter than the other O&O's only saying "This is CBS 2 News at [time]" not including the HD spiel that the other O&O's use. Brian seems to have read the "This is CBS 2 News at [time]" in a streched out way to take the same amount of time as if the HD spiel was included.

I haven't seen the opens with the new v/o's yet but I have heard Brian Lee's work, and I definitely would prefer him over Bill Ratner.

I've heard Brian's work also, and he's quite good at what he does. I kinda like him to tell you the truth.

Archived