WLWT slowly rolling out new Hearst graphics

geoffbruno

Last week I saw that WLWT (News 5-NBC) here in Cincinnati was using a much newer looking ticker, but I didn't really think that much of it because they have been using a few new graphics elements along with their ancient mid-2000's Hearst Package that was seriously beginning to date the station (i.e. fresh LIVE bug with old L3, among others). I kept watching this week, and sure enough, they are using fresher weather graphics as well, and there are much sharper full-screens. However, they are still using their 6 year old L3 and traffic graphics, and the old looking open. I will have to keep watching to see what happens, and I will try to post some screen grabs this weekend. It's nice to see WLWT get a refresh, and I hope this means they will be going HD soon, bringing every station in Cincinnati into HD, finally!

Side Note for Forum People: you can move this wherever you like, as I am not sure where it should go exactly. Last time I posted something similar under graphics and it was moved to Front Page News, so I guess thats fine, okay, bye :)

Archived