The Big Secret is out!

TheNewsInsider

I've seen a lot of people wondering what is going on with WJAR-TV in Rhode Island being on a temp set.

Well here's the reason!

WJAR will be the first in Rhode Island with HD News in April!

The current temp set is the actual regular set but the platform is gone. They are in the 2nd studio with the set. The blue screen is being used for everything except the anchors. There was no room for the 7PM set, or any other place for standups.

It has been mentioned briefly on air if you listen closely that 10 is going HD. It hasn't been said much on-air because 10 is worried that WPRI will beat them to HD (though it's been reported that 12 isn't ready for HD till next year).

The new set hasn't been seen by staff yet. I do not know if there will be new graphics or music. The date in April is TBD.

I was told by my friend Barbara who works as anchor at WJAR about this.

PS: In case you were wondering I was going to post this on Radio-Info but it won't let me make an account.

I was told that WCMH's package is exclusive to them, but maybe that changed.

I hadn't heard that... makes sense though. It puzzled me how that package would be modified for the other stations.

If there's a new MG graphics package anyway, maybe this will tell anyway...

Archived