Rob Jennings

NickMa

Most weekend anchors usually report during the week, but except for filling in on the desk Rob Jennings isn't on the news during the week. For long time viewers of Action News, has his schedule always been like this or is it a more recent change in the last few years.

Most weekend anchors usually report during the week, but except for filling in on the desk Rob Jennings isn't on the news during the week. For long time viewers of Action News, has his schedule always been like this or is it a more recent change in the last few years.

He use to do crime stopper reports a few times a week during the 90's.

Rob's a fill-in anchor during the week.

I know, but he doesn't fill in every week. I was wondering what he does on the weeks that he doesn't fill in or is he just part time now.

You used to see him reporting a bit during the week - most notably the Crime Fighters segments, which were taken over by Rick Williams and moved to weekends some years back - but he was never really a prominent reporter, even on the level of a Marc Howard (who was used occasionally as a "Senior Correspondent" during his time at 6).

That said, he's been one of the most frequent fill-ins for the weeknight anchors since he's been there and is pretty much the primary fill-in these days. He fills in for Jim Gardner quite a bit, but you'll also see him a lot on the 5pm if one of the anchors is off. Yes, he fills in even if Monica is off, resulting in rare two male pairings on certain days (although to be fair, they've done this with their other male fill-in anchors).

Honestly I think Rob Jennings is the most underrated anchor in the market and, to be honest, one of 6's greatest assets. He's not showy, he doesn't sneak in one-liners like Gardner, and he's quite possibly the best utility player I've seen on a television station. There's a reason that, in 2001, 10 only beat 6's 11pm from Monday to Friday.

Archived