Hampton Roads February Sweeps

Ntropolis

From VARTV:

2007_03_01.gif

Nothing changed really since last sweeps, except that WGNT's programming during the early evening hours slipped a little but it still beats the news on WTKR. Weak NBC primetime seems to be slowly killing WAVY's 11pm and WVEC's catching up (less than a year ago, WVEC was last at 11!). WAVY seemed to gain a little bit in evenings, but WVEC's still tops there.

I wonder if WVEC is using those terrible morning cuts from Propulsion for its morning news. If so that would explain why they aren't carrying the moring timeslot.

Actually, I like the cuts they're using in the morning, I'll try to get a sample of those.

WAVY's been #1 in the morning for 15 years.

I wonder if WVEC is using those terrible morning cuts from Propulsion for its morning news. If so that would explain why they aren't carrying the moring timeslot.

Actually, WVEC's ratings have increased quite a bit in the mornings. WAVY is still dominating, but 'VEC's numbers are up. The change in music has nothing to do with it.

Archived