ABC7 News at 10pm weekend open

ABC7 News Chicago #1

finally, the open for the weekend ABC7 News at 10pm debuted Saturday night, March 17. it only took 4 months, but of course it looks great.

thanks for letting me know about the weekend morning opens. i forgot they weren't airing yet either. so at least now all the weekend opens are up, including the 5pm weekend.

Yeah, it took 10 weeks to air the weekend talent opens, they also aired the saturday morning talent open this morning. You will get a chance to see it tomorrow morning but I wished they done it when the station started the new HD gigs back on January 6th.

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently out of fairness to the two anchors, they made two versions of the weekend 10pm opener. One leads off with Karen, and the other leads off with Ravi. I don't think I've ever seen this done in the Chicago market before.

WLS has been doing this for many years.. Just watch the regular weekday talent open/intros. For example, they rotate the weekday 10PM anchor intro each night. One starts out with Ron Magers, another starts out with Kathy Brock.

Apparently out of fairness to the two anchors, they made two versions of the weekend 10pm opener. One leads off with Karen, and the other leads off with Ravi. I don't think I've ever seen this done in the Chicago market before.

WLS has been doing this for many years.. Just watch the regular weekday talent open/intros. For example, they rotate the weekday 10PM anchor intro each night. One starts out with Ron Magers, another starts out with Kathy Brock.

I thought this might have been the case, but I thought I was imagining things. :D

Archived