KCBS and KCAL go HD April 23rd

Guest Former Member 207

Guest Former Member 207

I posted this same information in the L.A. forum, but I'm listening (as I'm typing this) to a sports show hosted one of their sportscasters, and one of the guests is the woman does the traffic updates on KCBS's morning news. Anyway, they just comfirmed that the new KCBS/KCAL broadcast facility at the CBS Studio Center here in the L.A. area (San Fernando Valley to be exact) will be up and running on April 23rd, with the KCBS morning news being the first program going HD. KCAL is already doing their sports telecasts in HD, and have been since February.

woot...I am looking forward to this. I wonder if there will be a new set, graphics, etc...cuz while the set will still do, the graphics are starting to show its age.

I wonder if those graphics will be Hothaus, I believe L.A. has no station using Hothaus. and they really need a new set, the one they have now looks like something that should be used in a 50+ market not #2.

I believe it's been said on this forum that KCBS and KCAL's sets are ready for high-defintion broadcasts and were designed to have the capability to be moved from Columbia Square to Studio Center.

New graphics are probably in the works, though.

I believe it's been said on this forum that KCBS and KCAL's sets are ready for high-defintion broadcasts and were designed to have the capability to be moved from Columbia Square to Studio Center.

New graphics are probably in the works, though.

then they probably should get cracking right now on moving those sets.

Archived