WWAY New Graphics

Ntropolis

Wilmington's WWAY is in the process of dumping the old Liberty VDO package for these. Some of the old graphics are around in places. The old opens are still on at least the morning newscasts, but the evening ones have these new graphics. Music (Right Here, Right Now) is still the same. The new graphics are cheap, but WWAY is cheap...

WWAY_040307_2.jpg

WWAY_040307_4.jpg

WWAY_040307_5.jpg

WWAY_040307_10.jpg

WWAY_040307_11.jpg

WWAY_040307_15.jpg

WWAY_040607_1.jpg

Here are a few of the traces of the old graphics...

WWAY_040307_6.jpg

WWAY_040307_7.jpg

WWAY_040307_8.jpg

WWAY_040307_12.jpg

Definitely cheap looking, but not really horrible. However, it's not an improvement, either.

Don't tell me they're copying WECT with the newscast in front of the chroma key thing. To me, that format portrays cheapness more than any graphics do.

Don't tell me they're copying WECT with the newscast in front of the chroma key thing. To me, that format portrays cheapness more than any graphics do.

Actually, they did sit at the desk a few times, but they were at the chromakey more often.

WWAY_040307_14.jpg

The few days I was down there this week, I didn't see WECT use the chromakey for news.

Yeah, those graphics are most likely only for their promos...promos can have a completely different look than the news. Raycom is mandating all the Liberty stations phase out the Liberty package though, and pick 1 of the (3?) Raycom graphics packages.

No... WWAY was sold to Morris Multimedia because Raycom already owns WECT.

They're still using the Liberty package for show promos.

WWAY_040307_13.jpg

Archived