Any Kansas City talkers on the board?

TheMightyGringoChannel

For those of you living in and around Kansas City, I found a rather humorous, and venom filled website directed at K.C.'s bastion of tabloid journalism; KCTV. More specifically their Chief Meteorologist, Katie Horner. I guess some guy out in Olathe has started a website called FireKatie.com. This in response to the wall-to-wall severe weather coverage provided by KCTV's chief met Katie Horner on the night of February 28th. After digging a little deeper into the website, it looks like this guy has around 900+ signatures.

I'm wondering whats the feeling of those down in the K.C. market about this? And more importantly what's KCTV's reaction been to this website?

I go to school in Kirksville, MO and I often watch KCTV5. It definately is a tabloid news station. I understand what viewers in KC are talking about. One day there were some severe storms moving through and KCTV5 went into non-stop severe weather coverage from around 8:30 all the way to 10:30. KSHB was the same way. I am not sure about KMBC or WDAF because I don't get those station up here. I live near St. Louis and the only time stations go into non-stop severe weather coverage if there is a tornado warning near St. Louis. I think it is quite funny that there is a petition to fire Katie because I always see complaints in the newspaper about her. I don't think KCTV will take the petition seriously though.

Not to defend Katie or KCTV, but I thought I read that during one of the latest rounds of severe weather that they were #1 with coverage when some stations were sticking with network.

Archived