Sharing of news talent in other markets?

IceManNYR

Just wondering if there is any other situation like FOX5 any My9 have where reporters and or anchors are seen on two stations in the same market?

Lynda Lopez does weekend anchoring on My9 but also does fill-in on FOX5's GDNY and 11:30am weekday news cast. Also Vanessa Alfano does weekend weather forecasts on My9 but is also doing weather on FOX5 today and has also been a reporter for GDNY.

Just wondering if there is any other situation like FOX5 any My9 have where reporters and or anchors are seen on two stations in the same market?

Lynda Lopez does weekend anchoring on My9 but also does fill-in on FOX5's GDNY and 11:30am weekday news cast. Also Vanessa Alfano does weekend weather forecasts on My9 but is also doing weather on FOX5 today and has also been a reporter for GDNY.

Actually, I believe that Lynda Lopez is now at Fox5 fulltime. She does the news in the AM, and at 11:00AM.

Cora-Ann Mihalik has been with Mike Gilliam since Lopez started working at WNYW.

In Chicago, Lou Canellis is on 2 completely different unrelated channels. He's lead sports anchor/reporter on CLTV and he's also a feature/restaurant/local entertainment reporter on WLS's show "190 North". You get to see 2 completely different sides of him on Chicago TV.

Actually, I believe that Lynda Lopez is now at Fox5 fulltime. She does the news in the AM, and at 11:00AM.

Cora-Ann Mihalik has been with Mike Gilliam since Lopez started working at WNYW.

Oh ok I thought Cora-Ann Mihalik was replaced by Lynda Lopez in 05 or 06?

When did Cora-Ann Mihalik go back to anchoring for WOR?

It is common to share talent in the same market, in which there is 1 owner with 2 stations. However, it is uncommon to see the same report by the same person on at the same time. I would not be surprised if we saw more of the same reporters doing the same story for 2 different channels at a different time, but the same time is quite odd. Where is the serving of the public interest if multiple channels are showing the same newscast? Where is the broadening of views and multiple angles?

Oh ok I thought Cora-Ann Mihalik was replaced by Lynda Lopez in 05 or 06?

When did Cora-Ann Mihalik go back to anchoring for WOR?

Actually, Cathleen Trigg was replaced by Lopez. Trigg replaced Cora-Ann back in 2003 or so. I think it had something to do with Mihaulik's pregnancy at the time.

Trish Bergin is an anchor at News12 LI and also a reporter for Court TV

Craig Allen does radio weather for WCBS 880 and TV weather now for News12 LI

Ted David does business news on CNBC and is an anchor at News12 LI

I guess it's becoming more and more acceptable, especially with cable channels.

Archived