WPMT FOX 43 dumps Prime News Package?

stevieboy247

I may be new to the Lancaster-Lebanon market, But WPMT may have finally dumped Newsmusic Central's Prime News Package (which they have been using since the mid-nineties). I kinda thought they would probably use that package for another couple of years or so. Maybe FOX 43 would've became the next WPVI if they kept that theme for much longer.

I'll try to find out more when I watch The Ten O' Clock newscast tonight.

--Steven

Hey .... welcome to one of the most boring, nothing happens markets in the nation!

Yeah, I saw the new changes to Fox 43 news @ Ten last night (monday), after 24. I must say that I like the changes. I don't know what they changed to, but they also changed the graphics too.

The new graphics changes are like a mix of Hothaus and Render-On. You can see video of it on their website: http://www.fox43.com

Finally, I like their new slogan: Ten is When the News Happens.

-- matt

I happened to tape the news after American Idol on Wednesday. So here's the open going into the first story.

[yt=425,350]0bK8BiBp5NU[/yt]

Ahh, Ultra News. Not what I expected. Graphics wise, I'm wondering if it's not another Cinemagic package? The perspective on the logo in the transition from tease to studio looks familiar, and they've done a few nice things with the light effects recently (WLUK v2.) That said, the lowers and the OTSs leave a little to be desired, something I also associate with Cinemagic.

They are clearly GO inspired with the ring motif in the background and the coloring in the live bug.

Archived